Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use (“Terms”) which govern our relationship with you in relation to this web site. Any purchase of goods made through this site will be subject to these Terms. If you disagree with any part of these Terms, please do not use our website.
The term ‘we’ means Nationwide Doors Direct Limited the owner and operator of the website www.nationwidedoorsdirect.com(which includes Nationwide Doors Direct, Nationwide Furniture Direct and Nationwide Rugs Direct) (the “Website”) whose company registration number is 9786640 (“Nationwide Doors Direct”, “us” and “our” will be construed accordingly).
Our VAT registration number is: 222 6533 32.
The term ‘you’ refers to the customer, user or viewer of our Website (and “your” will be construed accordingly).
Placing an order
We can only accept orders from and to addresses in the United Kingdom.
After placing an order online we will email you a confirmation of your order as soon as possible. This email will confirm what you have ordered and the price, but should not be considered as an order acceptance from us.
When we despatch your order we will send you a despatch confirmation email to the email address you provided. This email marks our formal acceptance of your order and our obligation to complete the contract.
We do not have to accept your order and reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order once it has been placed. This may be done, for example, if:
- your payment is not authorised or has been marked as fraudulent, or potentially fraudulent, by the payment system;
- payment has been made using a card not issued in a country we dispatch to, or not where the billing address is;
- there is an error on the website regarding the price or description of a product;
- the items ordered are no longer in stock or available; or
- we have tried contacting you about your order and have not heard back within a reasonable period of time (being at least 5 days).
By placing an order with us you are confirming that any information you have given is true and accurate and that you are authorised to use the card on which payment was made.
We are not liable for breach of agreement for delay or failure to perform if the delay or failure is due to acts of God, civil commotion, riots, floods, drought, fire, legislation or other cause beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
All products are subject to availability, which is subject to change.
Images of products shown on the website, and colours shown on screen, are reproduced as accurately as electronic processes allow, but may not always represent the exact image or colour of the final product.
We reserve the right to amend the details and specifications of our products as necessary, or to conform with any changes in UK or EU requirements. Small changes in the design, colours or specifications of a product are not uncommon and will not be considered to be valid reasons for cancelling an order.
We try to ensure that information regarding products on our website is as accurate as possible. However, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or errors.
All prices are in Pounds Sterling and include VAT at the prevailing rate.
Where applicable delivery costs will be added to the total price of the goods.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
The price you pay is the price of the goods shown at the time you placed your order, including any additional delivery costs if applicable. Please note that if an item you have ordered requires ‘special delivery’, this cost will be charged separately, and will be additional to any delivery charges shown at the time of checkout.
Cancelling or returning an order
If, after placing your order, you wish to cancel, it is best to do so as soon as possible. Cancelling the item before dispatch will minimise any inconvenience or the need to return the goods. Goods will be considered as delivered once they have been dispatched. Therefore if you wish to cancel or refuse delivery of any item once we have despatched the goods, you will be liable to pay for our reasonable return costs, which will be deducted from your refund.
If you do wish to cancel your order you will need to contact us as soon as possible via telephone on 0113 414 5452 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to quote your order number and confirm your name and address details.
If you wish to cancel your purchase following delivery of the goods, you will need to comply with the following terms and conditions.
PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THEM, IT MAY RESULT IN US BEING UNABLE TO CANCEL YOUR PURCHASE OR ACCEPT RETURN OF THE GOODS.
You are entitled to cancel your purchase up to 14 days after receiving the goods, providing that you comply with the following conditions:
(i) Whilst you may take the products out of their cardboard packaging in order to inspect them, you must not remove the plastic wrapping. This is required to safeguard the product’s finish, and if the plastic is removed or damaged we cannot accept any return of the product.
(ii) When you remove the outer packaging, you must do so carefully. Do not use a key, scissors, knife or any other sharp object to tear the cardboard. This can result in scratching the surface of the product. If this happens, we cannot accept any return of the product.
If following receipt of the goods, you change your mind and wish to return them (within the terms of our returns policy set out above), you will need to arrange and pay for the return of the goods yourself.
If the goods were defective or damaged before you received them, we shall at our own cost arrange to collect the goods from you.
If you wish to make a claim that the goods were received defective or damaged, we require images to show the damage so we may be able to take action on this. If we are unable to conclude where the damage occurred or how the damage was caused, we will arrange for the collection of the goods to be brought back to us in order for a thorough investigation to be carried out on the item and its packaging. Thereafter a decision will be made as to whether a replacement will be issued for this product or not. Nationwide Doors Direct reserve the right to refuse a claim where by a customer is found to be at fault for the damage to the product and we will not be liable to send a replacement in such a case.
If you are not sure whether the goods are returnable you should contact our sales department as soon as possible on 0113 414 5452.
In situations where we agree to accept the return of a product within the 14 day time limit, if the goods are damaged in any way (not due to our fault), we reserve the right to deduct the cost of the damage from any refund we make.
If we receive the products from you in their original condition and with their original plastic packaging undamaged and unopened and in a fully saleable condition, we will exchange the product or provide you with a full refund. If we refund the cost of the product, the refund will be made within 14 days from the date we receive the goods.
You should check the products within 2 days of receipt to ensure that they meet your requirements and that they show no obvious defect or damage, including making sure they are the correct size, and to report immediately to us if there is any problem or issue.
Your rights to return products under our 14 day returns procedure do not apply to special orders which are custom made. These products are non-refundable and non-returnable and are not subject to cancellation once an order has been placed.
Manufacturer’s guarantee for doors
In addition to your rights to return goods, as described above, you will also receive the benefit of a full manufacturer’s guarantee.
If a fault (rather than an existing defect) develops after the door is fitted, written notice of the fault must be sent to Nationwide Doors Direct within ten years from date of delivery.
No claim will be honoured unless an authorised representative of Nationwide Doors Direct performs a site inspection (at the discretion of the company).
If guaranteed doors are found to contain defects or faults as stated in this guarantee, Nationwide Doors Direct, at our option will either, repair the defective door, provide you with a replacement door or refund the amount the original price paid for the defective door. This guarantee does not cover any other charges incurred such as labour for removal of defective door, rehanging of new and/or replacement door, transportation to and from site or reimbursement for any other work/service not originally supplied by Nationwide Doors Direct.
The following conditions are requirements for the application of the guarantee:
HANDLING, JOB FINISHING AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Upon receipt of delivery of doors, inspect each door for any visible defects. Doors should be stored on a flat and level surface in a dry, well-ventilated building. Cover to keep clean and keep out sunlight, but allow air circulation.
- Handle with clean gloves and do not drag doors across one another or across other surfaces.
- Doors should not be subject to: abnormal heat, extreme dryness, humid conditions or sudden changes therein. They should be conditioned to average prevailing relative humidity of the locality before hanging.
- The utility or structural strength of the door must not be impaired in the fitting of the door, the application of the hardware, or cutting and altering the door.
- Before finishing, remove handling marks or effects of exposure to moisture with a thorough final sanding over all surfaces of the door using fine sandpaper. Clean before applying sealer or finish. Some species of wood contain a chemical (oak particularly), which reacts unfavourably with certain finishes. Where possible, the surface should be tested for such unfavourable reactions. Application of a sealer before finishing will usually prevent this difficulty. Do not use steel wool or other sanding materials containing steel/iron on Oak doors.
- Immediately after fitting, or cutting for closures, weather-strip and/or threshold, and before hanging any interior or exterior door on the job, the entire door, including the top and bottom edges must receive an application of a suitable sealer/primer and two coats of a good grade of paint, varnish, lacquer, micro porous wood finish. Always check with the manufacturer of the chosen finish to ensure suitability and/or compatibility with the particular construction and specie of your door choice. Adequate drying time must be allowed between coats. For job site finishing, do not use a water-thinned paint unless an oil base prime coat is first applied. Exterior finishes shall be used on the faces and all edges of exterior doors.
- Avoid dark colours on exterior doors in direct sunlight.
- All doors should be checked prior to installation. The working upon or installation of these doors shall constitute acceptance.
- There are no warranties that extend beyond the foregoing, and Nationwide Doors Direct’s responsibility under this guarantee is as stated herein. Nationwide Doors Direct shall not be liable for consequential, incidental damages, or for any amount in excess of Nationwide Doors Direct’s original invoiced price for the doors involved, whether the claim is for breach of guarantee or negligence.
- Nationwide Doors Direct attempt to do everything that is reasonably possible so as to ensure that the relevant British Standards that relate to wooden doors are met or exceeded.
Although we don’t demand that our unfinished products are finished using the Sikkens system, we stipulate that only the use of a treatment affording at least the same level of protection as provided by the Sikkens system constitutes an acceptable alternative and consequently, it is only in these circumstances that any Guarantee can be offered.
Additionally we can also confidently recommend Osmo Door Oil as a suitable finishing treatment, as it has been comprehensively tested by Osmo and is specifically recommended by them for use on internal engineered products.
The same “guidelines” as detailed above for Interior doors apply to Exterior doors, notably that only the use of a treatment affording at least the same level of protection as provided by the Sikkens system constitutes an acceptable alternative and consequently, it is only in these circumstances that any Guarantee can be offered.
Please note, in respect of Exterior doors, we do not recommend specific alternative products to Sikkens.
For further information, we recommend you take advice from your local Dulux trade expert, or visit: www.duluxtradepaintexpert.co.uk.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- Unsatisfactory service or appearance caused by failure to follow the “Handling/Finishing/Installation” instructions set out herein or similarly in the alternative contained within the door packaging are excluded from this guarantee.
- Natural variations in the colour or texture of wood are not to be considered as defects.
- Warp/bow/cup/twist (as set out in the relevant British Standard) shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds 1/4 inch (6.35mm) in the plane of the door itself. Warp is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the relationship of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung.
- When measuring the amount of warp in a door, the following method shall be used: bow, cup or twist shall be measured by placing a straight-edge on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle (i.e. diagonally, horizontally, vertically), with the door in its installed position. The measurement of bow, cup and twist shall be made at the point of maximum distance between the bottom of the straight edge and the face of the door. Shrinkage/swelling/splitting shall not be considered as a defect.
- Experience demonstrates that when warp occurs after delivery, it is usually due to improper storage or adverse moisture conditions after handling, not to faulty manufacture. The manufacturer will accept no responsibility for the development of warp when the moisture content of the timber falls below 12% or exceeds 18%. Obviously, the manufacturer cannot assume responsibility for conditions wholly beyond its control. The manufacturer should, however, be consulted promptly if excessive warping occurs to assist in overcoming the difficulty.
- The guarantee on Double Glazed Units is restricted to 5 years.
- All the following doors are excluded from this guarantee:
- All Knotty Pine doors and Door Blanks.
- All non-stock/special doors, which fall outside of the usual Nationwide Doors Direct standard stock size profile (i.e. special orders). Note that special orders which are custom made are non-refundable and non-returnable and are not subject to cancellation once an order has been placed.
- All doors that are improperly hung or do not swing freely.
- Normal wear and tear including wear through of finish.
- The appearance of any door with non-factory applied high gloss finish.
- All doors stored on sites other than the properly prepared storage areas/warehouses of Nationwide Doors Direct’s client/customer, other than for reasons of satisfying the relevant paragraphs of the Handling, Finishing and Installation category set out below.
- All doors not supplied finished by or not finished prior to installation.
- Any product treated with a water based finish.
- All exterior doors where there is inadequate overhead protection.
- Any installation Nationwide Doors Direct deems structurally unstable – this will be noted in writing by Nationwide Doors Direct.
- Nationwide Doors Direct shall not be liable for any doors repaired, returned or replaced without prior consent by Nationwide Doors Direct.
You are responsible for checking the compatibility of any finishing product (such as paint or lacquer) which you may apply to the door. This is the responsibility of the customer to check suitability and no liability can be accepted for the use of any third party products.
If you purchase any ironmongery products from us, you should ensure that the fitting of these products is made only in accordance with their instructions. You should check that the products you have purchased are suitable for attaching to your door, with regard for example to their weight or materials.
You will be responsible for fitting your ironmongery products and for any damage or loss which results from that fitment.
Furniture and Rugs
You should check all furniture within 48 hours of receipt for any of the following issues:
- any defect in the colour or pattern
- any missing parts; or
- any defect in the product
Please ensure you take care when opening any packaging to ensure the product is not scratched or damaged (as described further above).
If you wish to make use of your right to return the product within 14 days, the product must be kept in its original packaging, unopened and undamaged and in fully resaleable condition. If you remove the product from it packaging or try to assemble any parts, we may be unable to accept its return, as the product will be considered ‘used’ and we will not be able to resell it.
Use of our Website
Unless otherwise stated, Nationwide Doors Direct owns the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view website pages, download website pages and print website pages for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these Terms.
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of malicious computer software.
You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
Copyright and Licence
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
You are granted a licence to use the material contained in this website subject to the restrictions described in these Terms.
You are granted a licence to download, store, view, edit, use, reproduce, copy, print, any material contained in this website for your own personal purposes.
You are not permitted to:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website, except for the purpose of promoting our website or products through social media such as Facebook or Twitter);
- sell, rent, license, sublicense, lease, distribute, copy, duplicate, publish or reproduce material from the website and any material or any part thereof for use by any third party;
- exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- use any material in any way that is unlawful or in breach of any person’s legal rights under any applicable law, or in any way that is offensive, indecent, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable.
If you breach these Terms in any way then the licence granted to you will be automatically terminated upon such breach and Nationwide Doors Direct may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
We reserve the right to exclude any person from using our website and material contained therein where a breach of these terms & conditions is suspected.
You must retain, and must not delete or remove all copyright notices and other proprietary notices placed by us on any material.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Nationwide Doors Direct makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and material provided on this website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only and it is subject to change without prior notice.
Nationwide Doors Direct does not warrant that this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or that the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. We do not provide any warranty as to the suitability of the information and material found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. Your use of any information or material on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
You acknowledge that information and material found or offered on this website may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Limitations and exclusions of liability
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided, our liability to you in relation to the use of our website or under or in connection with these Terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, will be limited as follows: Nationwide Doors Direct and its employees will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any nature whether arising directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance on information obtained from this website; Nationwide Doors Direct and its employees will not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special loss or damage and will not be liable for any loss of profit, income, revenue, anticipated savings, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, or information.
In no event will we be liable for any loss above a maximum total of the price of the products purchased in respect of any claim.
Nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these Terms are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
If you breach these Terms you will be held fully responsible for any loss suffered by Nationwide Doors Direct as result of such breach and will be held accountable for all profits made from breaching these Terms.
You agree to indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms.
This website may contain links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. Nationwide Doors Direct is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. Nationwide Doors Direct provides these links for your convenience only but does not endorse the material on these sites.
The failure by Nationwide Doors Direct to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms shall not be a waiver of them or the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms.
If any provision of these Terms shall be found by any court to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms which shall remain in full force and effect.
If any provision of these Terms is so found to be invalid or unenforceable but would be valid or enforceable if some part of the provision were deleted, the provision in question shall apply with such modification(s) as may be necessary to make it valid and enforceable.
We may revise these Terms from time-to-time. Revised Terms will apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised Terms on our website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Exclusion of third party rights
These Terms are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these Terms is not subject to the consent of any third party.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Jurisdiction and governing law
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute, claim or matter arising out of, or relating to, these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.